FIRST in Texas is currently accepting resumes for those interested in becoming part of the FIRST in Texas – Texas Mentor program. This opportunity is open in all regions of Texas and is an annual contractor opportunity that allows you to have the flexibility to work when you can to meet the responsibilities below.
FIRST in Texas groups services based on priority levels. It is up to the Contractor to ensure that all work is completed and is responsible for their own time / work management. The Contractor should notify the Client if services are unable to be completed in a timely manner.
- Provide direct support for the FIRST in Texas teams in an area within 100 miles of primary residence.
- Provide email, phone and in person support for registration / programming / building and other issues related to their team.
- Reinforce communications from local Program Delivery Coordinators
- Assist, as requested, the local Program Delivery Coordinators in your immediate area, in the planning and execution of approved / official FIRST in Texas events.
- Serve as an ambassador for FIRST in Texas and help recruit teams, sponsors, and partners in your area.
- Remain synchronized with local Program Delivery Coordinators in your area on needs and events through email, Microsoft Teams group or FIRST in Texas Discord.
- Attend at least one FIRST Robotics Competition event each season and perform duties in an official volunteer role capacity such as referee, robot inspector or field tech advisor.
- Monitor the FIRST in Texas email and respond within 24 hours to emails.
- Monitor the FIRST in Texas Discord server and engage directly with students / coaches in support of teams in your area. Forward any out of area requests to the appropriate Texas Mentor or local program coordinator.
- Attend monthly staff calls with FIRST in Texas management.
As Available Duties
- Help recruit volunteers, mentors, sponsors, and secure venues through effective networking activities as a member of the FIRST in Texas community.