Become a Texas Mentor Today!
- Volunteering with FIRST is an introductory learning module for mentors, coaches, and event volunteers that explores what FIRST is and what it means to volunteer with FIRST.
- Remote Mentoring with FIRST is a brief simulation training that explores the fundamentals of remote meetings for mentors and coaches.
- Mentoring and Coaching with FIRST is a cross-program training module designed for new and prospective mentors and coaches that will allow you to develop a deeper understanding of the expectations of the role and where to find support.
Here to help you!
Once you sign up below, we will assign you a ‘Mentor Coordinator’ and our systems and staff will get to work to pair you up with a team that needs your skills. We want you to have the most fun you’d ever have and make the best impact, so we are here to answer all your questions. Sign up today!
- You must be at least 18 years old
- You must complete a FREE background check of local, county, state and federal records and may not have any convictions for crimes against persons and may not be legally prevented from working with children.
- You will need to complete basic training: Youth Protection and Equity & Diversity training before participating.
Data Privacy Statement
We will NEVER share your personal contact information within anyone outside of FIRST in Texas for any reason unless we have your permission. We will comply with any lawful order by a court having jurisdiction. We take data and especially your data very seriously.